Whittemore Ave neighborhood area and North Parking Lots:
- Building 1: Ongoing activities related to interior construction
- Building 1: Will have a tent erected along a portion of the North elevation with soil disturbing activities
- Building 2: Continued construction activity
- Building 3: will have concrete foundations, concrete floors, and steel erection activity
- North Parking Lot A will have a large tent being dismantled
- North Parking Lot B will have parking lot paving and landscaping
- North Parking Lot D will have a large tent being erected.
- East Parking Lot will have a large tent erected with soil disturbing activities.
- Large white tents #1 and #2 will be active with soil disturbing activities with sequential moves east within the footprint of Building 5.
- Large white tent #3 will be active with soil disturbing activities with sequential moves within the east parking lot.
- Large white tent #4 will be active with soil disturbing activities with sequential moves within the footprint of the garage.
- Large white tent #7 will be active with soil disturbing activities with sequential moves west along the south side of Building 2.
Open excavation in clean soils will be conducted on the east and west sides of Building 2 and in the footprint of Building 3. Concrete footings and foundations will continue to be formed and place in these locations. The concrete floors of Building 3 will continue to be placed into November. Throughout the month, structural steel erection will continue at Building 3 and begin at the west addition of Building 2.
Open excavation in clean soils will continue south of Building 1 for the installation of underground piping and conduit for site utilities.
Pile driving activities have been completed in footprint of Building 4. No other pile driving activities planned for in October.
Eversource electrical utility work at the end of Harvey Street has been completed. This work brought underground power to the site for our temporary construction electrical substation. Temporary overhead electrical lines and poles are all installed throughout the site for the distribution of construction related electricity. Electrical substation and power to the site is now live to Building 1 and Building 2 along with other operations throughout the site.
The two generators that were running 24/7 to power critical operations are fully decommissioning and no longer run off hours.
Other generators run during regular working hours to support a variety of construction activities.
Maintenance and trash pickup along the public pathways on the west side of the property running from Whittemore Ave down along Parkway Pond to the MBTA Headhouse Plaza is ongoing. Activation of the emergency call box phones on the most southern section is still work in progress.